20121013

NORTAL newsletter saying: Welcome, Ghalib

Ghalib, our new QA Consultant in Oman answered some traditional questions for the Meet & Greet section of the newsletter. Welcome, Ghalib!
How did you come to work at Nortal? And why Nortal?
One day, I visited the Knowledge Oasis, where the Nortal office is located, to meet some guys. During this visit, I heard positive news of Nortal from some guys who work in ITA (Information Technology Authority). I became curious to find the Nortal office and when I found it, I met the office manager Salma. I asked her for more details on Nortal and she gave me a web site address. Also, she advised me to apply for the positions that were listed online.

Then, I read more and more about the services Nortal is delivering in Oman, Qatar, Estonia and Serbia and I really liked the great work and I wanted to become a member of Nortal team. As I am Computer System and Network Engineer, I applied.

What do you do here?

I am a Junior QA Consultant and I am responsible for testing and discovering bugs. My task is to clearly define and localise any problems for the developers.

What drives you to work in this field?

As a software engineer, the QA is one of my dicpline. Quality assurance (QA) refers to the planned and systematic activities implemented in a quality system so that quality requirements for a product or service will be fulfilled. It has helped me be more creative in finding tricky ways to test the systems.  
What’s your educational background?

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networks and Systems Engineering from Sultan Qaboos University. I also concluded a 9-week-long training in Engineering Services MODES at Ministry of Defence which included maintaining network devices, monitoring network users and managing network security systems.
What do you do in your free time?
Play football, read books, play the guitar and go fishing.

If at all, what did you know about Estonia before coming to work at Nortal?
I know the capital of Estonia is Tallinn. One day, I will visit Estonia to know more about its culture.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق